Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting. It promotes the principle that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend themselves against a bigger, stronger assailant using leverage and proper technique: most notably, by applying joint-locks and choke-holds to defeat them. BJJ can be trained for self-defense, sport grappling tournaments (gi and no-gi) and mixed martial arts (MMA) competition. Sparring (commonly referred to as "rolling") and live drilling plays a major role in training, and a premium is placed on performance, especially in competition.
In addition to being an excellent way to get into the best shape of your life, you will find that with BJJ training come many wonderful benefits. Benefits of training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:
- Lose fat, build muscle and improve your cardiovascular conditioning
- Learn how to fight from inferior positions
- Great form of stress relief
- Practical form of self-defense that men, women and children can have fun learning and use to defend themselves in real-life situations
- Knowing how to defend yourself builds confidence which carries over to all areas of your life
How about learning BJJ from someone who will carefully guide you through all the steps and prioritize safety during training sessions? All training is done in a very controlled environment, where safety always comes first!
You will learn the fundamentals and the most efficient Brazilian Jiu Jitsu techniques. No previous Martial Arts experience necessary.